So I found this awesome fur fabric at Joann Craft Store for a STEAL after Halloween. I think it was $7 a yard, so naturally I bought all they had left. I’m working on some secret projects with it, so it’s cut into a bazillion pieces and scattered around my sewing room. I had these pieces left over that I couldn’t bear to throw away, so I said hey, why not make fur pom poms?
Want to make your own? Here’s how:
- Cut a circle out of your fur fabric. The diameter of the circle should be 7″.
- Baste around the circle with a needle and embroidery thread.
- Cinch the thread slightly so your fur forms a bowl shape, then stuff it with cotton balls.
- Cinch the thread the rest of the way until you have a ball. Tie the end of the embroidery thread in a double knot.
- Sew the pom to the top of the hat with five or six stitches. Knot the embroidery thread and you’re done!
The best part is, it’s not permanent. Whenever fur poms go out of fashion I can easily take it off and move on to the next trend. Are you as fickle as I am when it comes to fashion?