First of all, the FABRIC. I’ve been holding on to this silver linen FOREVER. Ok, really about 4 months, but it felt like forever because I love it so much and couldn’t wait for the right project to come along. I got it from Joann back when I made Caroline’s Fawn Lily Dress. I wanted the coat to be warm, so I basted thin batting to each outer fabric pattern piece. It was worth it, because the coat is toasty warm! The lining is a light poplin from fabric.com. The accent fabric (which I also used for the pockets) is vintage. The ribbing looks black, but it’s actually a shimmery charcoal that I also found at Joann.
Now let’s talk PATTERN. I bought this pattern as part of the Friday Fiver on Crafterhours and printed it out immediately. Printing it out was a breeze, piecing it together was a breeze, but then I sat there forever trying to figure out which fabrics to use! When all was said and done, it took me about 4 hours from print to finish. I made a size 5 with size 6 length arms, and it fits Caroline with a little room to spare, which is good because this girl has arms for days and they just keep growing.