I am inspired by the juxtaposition of rustic decor and bright colors. One day I was looking at my white coffee table and my white centerpiece and thought…I can jazz this up! I decided to create a rustic, brightly colored center piece (with my favorite medium, of course, spray paint.) And boy do I love it.
DIY PAINTED OYSTER SHELLS:
- Choose 5 bright colors of spray paint. I love the way the silver shells look, so I strongly recommend choosing at least one metallic.
- Choose your rustic element. I chose oyster shells because we have a lot lying around, but you could really use anything. Pine cones, sticks, rocks, the sky is the limit here!
- Spread out a drop cloth, lay out your items and spray paint. Because I used oyster shells I only sprayed one side. I wanted to be able to see some natural shells mixed in with my colored ones.
- WAIT at least 2 hours before touching them. Put them in a bowl.
- Smile because you made something pretty!